Welcome to the Mass. Coalition for Suicide Prevention (MCSP) – Northeast Region.
The MCSP-Northeast Region was started in 2006 as an adjunct to the state coalition. Our mission is to support and enhance the MCSP; promote the State Strategic Plan; provide a resource center for speakers, education and trainings; increase membership in both the state and regional coalitions; and assist communities in their efforts to increase suicide prevention and awareness and reduce the incidence of suicide on a grassroots level.
Our coalition meets 6 times a year. Each year, our members decide on the goals for the coming year. Our past accomplishments include:
- Holding a Leadership Breakfast every year
- Sponsoring the AFSP’s National Survivors of Suicide Day
- Providing scholarships for the MCSP’s Annual Conference
- Implementing a 3-year project called the Connect Suicide Prevention Project in the town of Haverhill as well as other towns
- Providing a 2 day Survivor Voices training for survivors who wish to speak effectively and safely about their losses
- Promoting new ideas/organizations/resources
- Being a resource for questions, trainings, ideas, etc.
We currently have over 20 active members (click here for list of current members). The current co-chairs of the NCSP are Larry Berkowitz from Riverside Community Care (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Debbie Helms from the Samaritans of Merrimack Valley (email@example.com).
The Northeast Region (click here for list of towns) is a very active coalition. We are always looking for new members to add to the incredible experience, knowledge and professionalism that we have with our current members. If you would like to join, please complete the membership form (click here).
Hosted 6th Annual Leadership Breakfast featuring Dr. Thomas Joiner, followed by an afternoon workshop with Dr. Joiner on his new book “Lonely at the Top”
Hosted 4th Annual Survivors of Suicide Loss Day with 25 participants. Provided holiday cards to each participant with a picture of the ornament they brought in to remember their loved ones.
Completed 4 Connect trainings and 1 Survivor Voices training to prepare survivors of suicide loss to speak safely and effectively
Purchased books on suicide and surviving suicide to be distributed to local libraries in the Northeast area.
Developed suicide survivor’s packets with various resources and materials which were distributed to funeral homes and clergy.
- Adolescent Wellness, Inc.
- Anna Jaques Hospital
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Veterans’ Services
- Dracut Public Schools
- Elder Services of Merrimack Valley
- Families for Depression Awareness
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- Loss and Transition Counseling
- McKenna-Ouellette Funeral Home
- Middlesex Community College
- Middlesex County Sheriff’s Department
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – MA
- Northeast Behavorial Health
- Riverside Community Care
- Samaritans of Merrimack Valley
- See A New Sun Foundation
- SeniorCare, Inc.
- Statewide Advocacy for Veterans’ Empowerment (S.A.V.E.)
- Teenage Anxiety & Depression Solution (TADS)
- University of MA – Lowell
- North Andover
- North Reading
- West Newbury